LEGAL TERM AND CONDITIONS / XC CHAMONIX SPECIAL CONDITIONS
XC Chamonix (Menalab Oy) is registerated and approved by register of package travel agencies maintained by the Competition and Consumer Authority. (www.kkv.fi)
Register number: 38/16/Mj
LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Legal Terms and Conditions are set by Finlands Travel Agencies Association and Competition and Consumer Authority. You can read them on KKV.
A free card that gives you access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in any of the 28 EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, under the same conditions and at the same cost (free in some countries) as people insured in that country.
Cards are issued by your national health insurance provider.
APPLICATION OF SPECIAL TERMS
XC Chamonix has special terms because of specific regulations of transfers, reservation – sales and because of the specific nature of the trip. Therefore, we apply the following special conditions along with the legal term and conditions.
We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. The passenger is responsible for his / her insurance and coverage. The insurance must be paid at least 3 days before the start of the journey to obtain reimbursement compensation. We recommend that you check the insurance policies of your current insurance. A valid certificate must be presented to the tour leader or guide if requested. The tour operator may, if necessary, refuse a client to travel without a travel insurance, and the organizer shall not be liable in these cases for any costs or damages incurred to the customer.
The passenger must arrange themselves the necessary documents (passport, visa) and check the correctness and correspondence of the names on the reservations. Also check the departure times. We will not be liable for the damage if the trip is prevented or interrupted due to a lack of or defective travel documents (eg a broken passport) or visa refusal or omission.
More information and cancellation policy at AIRPORT TRANSFERS.
1. A contract is made and booking confirmed between XC Chamonix (”the agent”) and the named person signing the booking confirmation and T’s and C’s form (the group leader) when payment has been received.
2. The group leader is responsible on behalf of all the other members of the group for all matters relating to the booking.
3. The group refers to all persons booked to stay in the accommodation. The group includes any change of names to the original booking.
4. If any time prior to the stay the group leader pulls out of the booking, the agent must be notified either by email or phone by the original group leader and a new booking confirmation and T’s and C’s form must be signed by a new group leader and returned to the agent before embarking on the holiday.
5. Where payment is being received by installments via the group leader, the booking is not completed until final payment is received on the agreed date. If any payment is not received on the agreed date/s the agent has an automatic right to terminate the booking.
6. In case of dishonoured payment the group leader will be contacted to make payment by other means, to be received by the agent within 7 days (or immediate payment if the group is due to start the holiday less in 7 days). Failure to do this will mean automatic cancellation of the booking.
7. The agent guarantees the euro price of the holiday as quoted at the time of booking. However if the payment is made in foreign currency, we reserve the right to ask for payment of additional sums in euro to cover any fluctuation in currency exchange.
8. The agent reserves the right to increase or decrease the price of unsold holidays at any time.
9. Cancellations must be notified to the agent by the group leader as soon as possible, written notice. Refunds will be at the agent’s direction.
- Before 28 days prior to arrival full refund-office fee / office fee 70€.
- 70% refund 27-14 days prior to arrival.
- 50% refund up until 13-2 days prior to arrival.
- No refunding 2 days (48 hours) or less prior to arrival or no show.
- Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check in.
- If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to XC Chamonix within 24 hours of check-in.
- A reservation is officially canceled when the tenants gives a written notice to XC Chamonix.
- Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.
- XC Chamonix (Menalab Oy) has a valid warranty at Competition and Consumer Agency, which is supervising the tour operator activities authority (www.kkv.fi). Package tour registration number 38/16 / Mj.
- AIRBNB bookings we follow AIRBNBs cancelation policy / STRICT.
- Due to circumstances beyond the agents control, i.e. problems with accommodation, it may be necessary to make alterations to a confirmed booking or to cancel the booking completely. Whilst the agent will make every effort to ensure this does not happen, if it is unavoidable the agent will contact the group leader as soon as possible.
- Endeavour to make alternative arrangements for accommodation of the same value if available, or if the group leader prefers;
- Offer a full refund of any monies paid for the accommodation. In the event that no alternative arrangements can be made a full refund of any monies paid for the accommodation will be made. No other compensation will be offered.
10. Any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused or arising by the group leader or member of the group to the accommodation and/building and/or common parts must be paid in full. Costs will be deducted from the damage deposit (€500-€1000 as indicated at the time of booking) held if the damage deposit was paid by cheque any remaining balance then returned to the group leader within 14 days of the departure date.
11. It is up to the group leader to ensure that the accommodation is left clean and tidy on departure. If this is not the case and additional charge for cleaning time will be deducted from the damage deposit. If the damage deposit was paid by cheque any remaining balance will be returned to the group leader within 14 days of departure.
12. Any damage cause to the accommodation and/or building common parts resulting in an excess over and above €500-€1000 damage deposit held, will be payable by the group leader on behalf of the group irrespective of which person was responsible. This is to be paid to the agent by the payment details supplied within 21 days of the group’s departure from the accommodation.
13. The agent has the right to terminate without notice and liability the holiday of any group member whose behaviour is such that it’s likely to disrupt the enjoyment of others on holiday or cause damage to the property or any third party.
14. It is up to the group leader to ensure that each member of the party is responsible for the safety of all their own personal possessions, documents and equipment. No responsibility or liability is or will be accepted in respect of such items.
15. It is up to the group leader to ensure that each member of the group has all their own necessary medical and travel insurance documents to cover themselves fully before embarking on the holiday. No responsibility is or will be accepted in respect of any such failure to insure howsoever or wheresoever arising.
16. The agent does not accept any liability wheresoever or howsoever arising or pay compensation for, but not limited to:
- any event which agent could not foresee or avoid. Such events include war, threat of war, civil strike, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions and fire;
- any cancellation, loss, delay or costs wheresoever or howsoever arising or connected with adverse weather or traffic conditions, avalanche, mud slips, slides and snow conditions and the effect any of these may have on travel arrangements, accommodations and activities;
- limitations imposed by resort authorities, ski-lifts, ski school or ski hire operators;
- travel arrangements made by the group or on behalf of the group.
17. The agent does not accept any liability for personal injury or death wheresoever or howsoever arising caused to any visitor and/or any member of the group for their stay in the accommodation. This is not intended to exclude any statutory rights the group and/or visitor may have. This agreement and any proceedings thereunder is to be governed by Finnish Juridiction.
18. A person who is not a party to this Contract has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this Contract provided always this does not effect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from this Act.
19. For safety & insurance purposes the agent has a no-smoking policy in the accommodation.
20. For the avoidance of doubt in the event of any conflict the provisions of the T’s and C’s prevail.
21. Complaints and problems – in the unlikely event of any problems occurring during your holiday a complaint must be made immediately to the agent point of contact – Sari Kupari / firstname.lastname@example.org or +33 67 65 01 198 before departure from Chamonix and confirmed in writing within 14 days following completion of the holiday. Complaints can only be considered when this procedure has been followed.