We’ll follow the situation and update the info as the French authorities inform us how to proceed. For now for all the bookings made for the time period 11.3-31.12.2020, we offer the flexible cancellation policy, full refund min 7 days before the arrival / event. If you wish to postpone your stay, we are happy to change the dates without extra charges. All the best to everyone, lets take care of each others. Hopefully see you in Chamonix, soon!
A free card that gives you access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in any of the 28 EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, under the same conditions and at the same cost (free in some countries) as people insured in that country.
Cards are issued by your national health insurance provider.
APPLICATION OF SPECIAL TERMS
XC Chamonix has special terms because of specific regulations of transfers, reservation – sales and because of the specific nature of the trip. Therefore, we apply the following special conditions along with the legal term and conditions.
We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. The passenger is responsible for his / her insurance and coverage. The insurance must be paid at least 3 days before the start of the journey to obtain reimbursement compensation. We recommend that you check the insurance policies of your current insurance. A valid certificate must be presented to the tour leader or guide if requested. The tour operator may, if necessary, refuse a client to travel without a travel insurance, and the organizer shall not be liable in these cases for any costs or damages incurred to the customer.
The passenger must arrange themselves the necessary documents (passport, visa) and check the correctness and correspondence of the names on the reservations. Also check the departure times. We will not be liable for the damage if the trip is prevented or interrupted due to a lack of or defective travel documents (eg a broken passport) or visa refusal or omission.
LEGAL TERM AND CONDITIONS / XC CHAMONIX SPECIAL CONDITIONS
XC Chamonix (Menalab Oy) is registerated and approved by register of package travel agencies maintained by the Competition and Consumer Authority. (www.kkv.fi)
Register number: 38/16/Mj
LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Legal Terms and Conditions are set by Finlands Travel Agencies Association and Competition and Consumer Authority. You can read them on KKV.
1. A contract is made and booking confirmed between XC Chamonix (”the agent”) and the named person signing the booking confirmation and T’s and C’s form (the group leader) when payment has been received.
2. The group leader is responsible on behalf of all the other members of the group for all matters relating to the booking.
3. The group refers to all persons booked to stay in the accommodation. The group includes any change of names to the original booking.
4. If any time prior to the stay the group leader pulls out of the booking, the agent must be notified either by email or phone by the original group leader and a new booking confirmation and T’s and C’s form must be signed by a new group leader and returned to the agent before embarking on the holiday.
5. Where payment is being received by installments via the group leader, the booking is not completed until final payment is received on the agreed date. If any payment is not received on the agreed date/s the agent has an automatic right to terminate the booking.
6. In case of dishonoured payment the group leader will be contacted to make payment by other means, to be received by the agent within 7 days (or immediate payment if the group is due to start the holiday less in 7 days). Failure to do this will mean automatic cancellation of the booking.
7. The agent guarantees the euro price of the holiday as quoted at the time of booking. However if the payment is made in foreign currency, we reserve the right to ask for payment of additional sums in euro to cover any fluctuation in currency exchange.
8. The agent reserves the right to increase or decrease the price of unsold holidays at any time.
9. Cancellations must be notified to the agent by the group leader as soon as possible, written notice. Refunds will be at the agent’s direction.
- Before 28 days prior to arrival full refund-office fee / office fee 70€.
- 70% refund 27-14 days prior to arrival.
- 50% refund up until 13-2 days prior to arrival.
- No refunding 2 days (48 hours) or less prior to arrival or no show.
- Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check in.
- If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to XC Chamonix within 24 hours of check-in.
- A reservation is officially canceled when the tenants gives a written notice to XC Chamonix.
- Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.
- XC Chamonix (Menalab Oy) has a valid warranty at Competition and Consumer Agency, which is supervising the tour operator activities authority (www.kkv.fi). Package tour registration number 38/16 / Mj.
- Due to circumstances beyond the agents control, i.e. problems with accommodation, it may be necessary to make alterations to a confirmed booking or to cancel the booking completely. Whilst the agent will make every effort to ensure this does not happen, if it is unavoidable the agent will contact the group leader as soon as possible.
- Endeavour to make alternative arrangements for accommodation of the same value if available, or if the group leader prefers;
- Offer a full refund of any monies paid for the accommodation. In the event that no alternative arrangements can be made a full refund of any monies paid for the accommodation will be made. No other compensation will be offered.
10. Any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused or arising by the group leader or member of the group to the accommodation and/building and/or common parts must be paid in full. Costs will be deducted from the damage deposit (€500-€1000 as indicated at the time of booking) held if the damage deposit was paid by cheque any remaining balance then returned to the group leader within 14 days of the departure date.
11. It is up to the group leader to ensure that the accommodation is left clean and tidy on departure. If this is not the case and additional charge for cleaning time will be deducted from the damage deposit. If the damage deposit was paid by cheque any remaining balance will be returned to the group leader within 14 days of departure.
12. Any damage cause to the accommodation and/or building common parts resulting in an excess over and above €500-€1000 damage deposit held, will be payable by the group leader on behalf of the group irrespective of which person was responsible. This is to be paid to the agent by the payment details supplied within 21 days of the group’s departure from the accommodation.
13. The agent has the right to terminate without notice and liability the holiday of any group member whose behaviour is such that it’s likely to disrupt the enjoyment of others on holiday or cause damage to the property or any third party.
14. It is up to the group leader to ensure that each member of the party is responsible for the safety of all their own personal possessions, documents and equipment. No responsibility or liability is or will be accepted in respect of such items.
15. It is up to the group leader to ensure that each member of the group has all their own necessary medical and travel insurance documents to cover themselves fully before embarking on the holiday. No responsibility is or will be accepted in respect of any such failure to insure howsoever or wheresoever arising.
16. The agent does not accept any liability wheresoever or howsoever arising or pay compensation for, but not limited to:
- any event which agent could not foresee or avoid. Such events include war, threat of war, civil strike, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions and fire;
- any cancellation, loss, delay or costs wheresoever or howsoever arising or connected with adverse weather or traffic conditions, avalanche, mud slips, slides and snow conditions and the effect any of these may have on travel arrangements, accommodations and activities;
- limitations imposed by resort authorities, ski-lifts, ski school or ski hire operators;
- travel arrangements made by the group or on behalf of the group.
17. The agent does not accept any liability for personal injury or death wheresoever or howsoever arising caused to any visitor and/or any member of the group for their stay in the accommodation. This is not intended to exclude any statutory rights the group and/or visitor may have. This agreement and any proceedings thereunder is to be governed by Finnish Juridiction.
18. A person who is not a party to this Contract has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this Contract provided always this does not effect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from this Act.
19. For safety & insurance purposes the agent has a no-smoking policy in the accommodation.
20. For the avoidance of doubt in the event of any conflict the provisions of the T’s and C’s prevail.
21. Complaints and problems – in the unlikely event of any problems occurring during your holiday a complaint must be made immediately to the agent point of contact – Sari Kupari / email@example.com or +358 45 11 04 121 before departure from Chamonix and confirmed in writing within 14 days following completion of the holiday. Complaints can only be considered when this procedure has been followed.
More information and cancellation policy at AIRPORT TRANSFERS.
ACTIVIES BIKING, HIKING GUIDES, ESF (ski school, off piste days, Vallee Blanche, snowshoeing), rafting, paragliding
ARTICLE I – SERVICES
ARTICLE II – INSURANCE
ARTICLE III – RATES / REGISTRATION / PAYMENT
You must complete the registration procedure on our site or contact us by email / phone / chat.Booking is confirmed once you have proceed with a full payment. Once you have proceed with your request, we will send you an confirmation email and an invoice / payment link.
Services are booked for set dates. Consequently, the retraction deadline of 7 days for distance selling provided for in Article L121-20 of the Consumer Code is not applicable in accordance with Article L121-20-4 of the same code. Payment concludes the contract.
ARTICLE IV – CANCELLATION POLICY
- Full refund if cancellation is made more than 7 days before the booking is to take place.
- Mountain guides: once booking is made, 50% payment will be held in case of cancellation made by the client any time before the activity. 50% refund if cancellation is made more than 7 days before the activity.
- Full refund if the activity is cancelled because of the weather conditions and can not be rescheluded.
- No refund guest cancellation less than 7 days before the activity date.
- Full refund if the activity partner for some reason can not offer the service you have booked.
- Cancellation during the activity because of an accident. This shall be covered by your travel insurance.
ARTICLE V – RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES
XC CHAMONIX AND GDPR
GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulation, comes into force on the 25th May 2018. It is a piece of regulation designed to strengthen and unify data protection for individuals within the EU.
As a business XC Chamonix is committed to achieving compliance with GDPR, so we’ve created this page to inform you about what progress we’ve made.
Last updated: May 23 2018
Contact details of the controller:
00510 HELSINKI FINLAND
Tel. +358 (0) 45 11 04 121
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect and process personal data of the User through different means which are explained below.
Most of the personal data we process is collected directly from the User. We may also collect personal data in the process of providing the Service. We also use publicly available sources to verify the accuracy of the personal data we collect, such as the address service provided by the Finnish Post and the Population Register Centre.
Data the User provides as part of the contacting, enquiery, booking or invoicing
When the User uses our Services, as contacts us or send an enquiry or books any of our services, we collect information that is needed for proceeding with the booking and/or for invoicing. For these processes, we collect some basic personal data, such as:
- Company- or personal name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Travel details as flight number, address in Chamonix
The User also has the possibility of providing us with other personal data to interact with the Service, such as:
- VAT number
- Consent to / prohibition of direct marketing – We do not do direct marketing
- When our customer is a corporation, we also collect basic information on contact persons and representatives of the corporation, and information on the Users.
Providing this personal data is optional and is not needed to proceed with a booking or byuing a service – however, such personal data may be needed to get full advantage of the features of the Service.
DATA REGARDING THE USE OF THE SERVICE
We may also collect data automatically when the User uses our Service.
Payments of the User’s within our service are made via external payment providers: Woocommerce, Stripe and Osuuspankki. We use secure and transparent payment methods with these providers and we do not store any card details in our system. Payment providers only provide us with tokens, and we process payments via tokens. Validity of these is checked when payment is processed
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We process personal data for three main purposes.
Some areas of our Service require the processing of personal data in order to provide services to the User. In this case, the processing may concern e.g. data that is necessary for us to deliver the Service to the User, to provide customer service or to invoice the User. The processing in this case is based on the contract between the User (or the corporate customer) and XC Chamonix.
Service development and research
We may use personal data to improve the quality of the Service, to solve problems detected within the Service and to develop better features to the Users. We base this processing on our legitimate interest to improve our Service and its features and content. We may also generate anonymous, aggregate statistical information for research purposes, including Business Intelligence.
Marketing and communications
We may use personal data to send the User relevant information about the Service. Personal data may also be used for the purposes of communications only. We do not do direct advertising, marketing and personalised marketing to Users. We may create general profiles of the Users to provide more relevant content. We base this processing on our legitimate interests to keep the Users up-to-date about the service or product they boght from us. Service and to market relevant new products and services to our Users. The User has the right to prohibit any communication at any time.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose personal data to third parties:
- when permitted or required by law;
- when our trusted service providers provide services to us on behalf of us and under our instructions. However, we will control and be responsible for the use of the User’s personal data at all times;
- if XC Chamonix is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect the User’s safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
XC Chamonix does not sell personal data of Users to third parties.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA
In general, we do not transfer personal data of Users outside the EU/EEA. However, some of XC Chamonix’s trusted service providers operate in the United States. When these service providers provide services to us, we may need to transfer some personal data of the Users to the United States. In these cases, our service providers have committed themselves to safeguards that are required by European data protection laws to provide adequate level of data protection, such as the Privacy Shield.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The User’s personal data will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes defined in this Policy. When the User’s personal data is no longer required by law or rights or obligations by us or the User, we will delete the personal data. For example, when the User has not used our services for the time that is not relevant anymore for future services or invoicing, the data is deleted without delay from the Service. In this case, due to technical reasons, the personal data will be retained in our backups up to one year before it is deleted.
THE USER’S PRIVACY RIGHTS
The User has a right to access personal data we hold about the User. The User may access, correct, update, change or remove personal data at any time. However, certain information is strictly necessary in order to fulfil the purposes defined in this Policy and may also be required by law. Thus, the User may not remove such personal data.
The User has a right to object for certain processing, such as profiling for marketing purposes. To the extent required by applicable data protection law, the User also has a right to restrict data processing.
The User has a right to data portability, i.e. right to receive personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and transmit the personal data to another data controller, to the extent required by applicable law.
The User can correct, delete and otherwise handle personal data within the Service, or contact XC Chamonix’s customer service team.
If the User finds that there is a problem with the way we are handling personal data, the User has a right to file in a complaint to the User’s national data protection authority in the EU/EEA. In Finland that is the Data Protection Ombudsman. Contact details of the Finnish Data Protection Ombudsman can be found through this link.
Our Service is not directed to children under 16. If you become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, please contact us, simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNIQUES
XC Chamonix takes security seriously. We take various steps to protect personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology.
To learn more about current practices and policies regarding security and confidentiality of personal data and other information, please see our also our partners policies; Zervant, Google Business, Stripe, Woocommerce and WordPress.
We may change this policy from time to time. If we do, we will post a notification in the Service.
CONTACTING XC CHAMONIX